Smash, clobber and bash the murderous legends of Slavic mythology in this darkly funny action role-playing game that changes every time you play. Play as Ivan, a one-handed blacksmith with incredibly bad luck, who must take on the impossible tasks given to him by the tzar. All the while the mysterious witch, Baba Yaga, watches over Ivan's fate.
I highly recommend playing Yaga. There's no doubt in my mind that Yaga is one of the most creative indies I've played this year.
Yaga was a genuinely surprising gem of a game that has clearly had a lot of time and passion poured into it. It’s gorgeous, sounds great, has a charming script and was just so damn addictive to play.
Yaga Delivers an entertaining and quite original action-RPG-roguelike experience with a gorgeous artistic style and an enjoyable slavic mythology twist.
- Build a reputation through roleplaying and villagers will help you unlocking secrets, find trading options, or bestow game-changing curses or blessings upon Ivan.
- Pagan beliefs and superstitions are key to unlocking hidden secrets, getting house spirits on your side, or avoiding the powerful curses of unclean creatures.
- Crossroads between levels allow the player to influence the difficulty, challenge and level generation of the game.
- Discover and combine lots of talismans and artifacts that change the player's abilities and the gameplay
- Craft and upgrade an arsenal of weapons and tools to aid you in your journeys.
- Unique Soundtrack featuring underground folklore band Subcarpați.
The Art of Yaga
Yaga Spirits for Spirits
Yaga's sondtrack features the underground folklore band Subcarpati and Argatu'. The music combines modern hip hop tunes with romanian folkloric elements and instruments used centuries ago.
The full sondtrack includes all 28 music tracks from the game, plus their original album versions, for a total playtime of 3 hours, 20 minutes and 53 seconds.